North Florida EM 2022-23 Interview Season Update
North Florida EM wants you to know the following about our interviewing process, which is in accordance with the AAMC Interview Guidance for the 2022-2023 Residency Cycle , CORD Recommendations for EM Recruitment Season 2022-2023 and The Match Code of Conduct for Programs.
- Our faculty have participated in Implicit Bias training, a mission statement deep dive and holistic application review training.
- We will be looking at your WHOLE application, please have patience with us!
Invites to Interview:
- We will be releasing our invites to interview through a program called 3rdFriday.
- Invites will be released in stages between 10/10 and mid-November.
- We will not release more invites than we have interview spots available!
- Applicants will have three days to schedule or decline an interview (wait-listing is available).
- Cancelling is available and we ask that any cancelations occur TWO weeks prior to the interview date.
- All interviews will be virtual this season.
- They will be scheduled through 3rdFriday.
- A virtual resident-only happy hour is available for each interview! (Maybe the most important part right?)
- Two IN-PERSON second looks are available to ALL interviewees in January and February. (These are OPTIONAL and not part of the interviews)
- Interviewees with join an AM or a PM session on a Wednesday or Thursday.
We are Florida’s premier community EM program and are focused on training emergency physicians who know how to be leaders in their hospitals. Whether it is leading an ICU team, working with an interprofessional team on sepsis mortality, or managing multiple resuscitations, by the end of residency our program will train you clinically and professionally. Our program is a 3-year Emergency Medicine residency in a busy, successful, and high-acuity Emergency Department.
Our program emphasizes clinical excellence and gives residents the foundations to succeed. Our curriculum is crafted around problem-based learning and online-resource utilization. Adult learners will have didactics, FOAMED integration, simulation, small group scenarios and their own educator roles to augment their learning. All didactics are focused on emphasizing what you need to know when practicing high-quality Emergency Medicine in the real world. Our clinical faculty are experienced and each provides unique expertise. We have two Fellowship-trained Ultrasound Directors, a multi-county EMS Director, and highly-involved Medical Director.