Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Rotation
The Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Rotation at North Florida Regional Medical Center will introduce the medical student to basic ultrasound physics, image generation and acquisition as well as clinical applications of bedside ultrasound in the emergency department. The student will spend four weeks in a busy emergency department alongside residents and fellowship trained Attendings with plenty of hands-on opportunities:
- Students will participate in a variety of procedures, bedside examinations and patient care.
- Regular attendance at weekly didactic and hands-on conferences, simulation sessions, and journal clubs is required. T
- he student will have an opportunity to participate on a short case presentation, case publication or special project with the ultrasound faculty.
- The student will be assigned a small number of shifts in the Emergency Department.
- SonoSim will also be available to rotators for completion.
- No prior ultrasound exposure is required, a post rotation test will be administered at the conclusion of the clerkship to aid in the improvement and further development of our didactics and ultrasound experience.
We are also able to offer early virtual interviews and coaching for future interviews to rotating students. US Leadership will be able to write a Subspecialty SLOE if requested. We have some flexibility in adjusting start and end date of the rotation.
To apply, please use Clinician Nexus. MD and DO students are welcome!